- Genetics: Lime OG and Cherry Slurm
- Antecedent Genetics: OG Kush, Uncirculated OG, Cherry Pie, and PSA phenotype
- Type: Indica-dominant hybrid
- Appearance: Lumpy nectarine baby food with rice bits
- Texture: Watery applesauce
- Aromas: Citrus, floral, cherry, and pine
- Dab Temperature(s): 515
- Five Most Prominent Terpenes: Beta-Caryophyllene, beta-Myrcene, delta-Limonene, alpha-Humulene, and Linalool
- Flavors: Floral, earthy, fruity, woody, and clove
- Effects: Healthy dab almost stings the tip of the nose, causing it to run. Physical and emotional relaxation follows. Adding a second dab seals the deal by providing the euphoric sensation of thoughts and concerns physically lifting away from the mind.
- Problems Treated: Stress, anxiety, depression, and pain
- Negatives: Munchies
- Testing: 69.98% Total THC, .2% CBD, 7.13% Terpenes
- Potency: Strong
- Overall Rating (1 – 5) (5 is highest): 4
- Try Again: Yes
- Where Purchased: Sun Valley Caregivers
The Brand That Dominates Dispensary Shelves
Raw Garden’s modestly priced wax and distillate products dominate dispensary shelves.
The quality and variety of its products eclipse all price-point contenders, like Apex, TerpBoys, Beezle, and Nug, making Raw Garden’s the most popular, (relatively) low cost, concentrates for both casual consumers and connoisseurs.
Raw Garden Slurm Fuel Genetics
Raw Garden Slurm Fuel is an indica hybrid with an impressive pedigree.
Drilling down further, Slurm Fuel‘s grandparent strain, Cherry Pie, is itself the child of the two legendary indica and sativa strains, Granddaddy Purple and Durban Poison.
With such a pedigree, Raw Garden Slurm Fuel might seem overpacked with so many divergent cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
Fortunately, the strain wizards in the company’s genetics lab thoughtfully selected parent strains that complement one another to produce a potently holistic and manageably enjoyable entourage effect.
Dosage-Dependent: 1 Dab = Relaxation
The effects produced by Raw Garden Slurm Fuel are, of course, dosage-dependent.
A single dab at a moderate temperature is ideal for taking the edge off and promoting relaxation and calm. It is less a body high than an inner cool down and mental and emotional reset. It is the perfect evening tonic for chilling out after a hard day’s work without getting stuck on the couch.
Slurm Fuel‘s Durban Poison derived genetics is central to the strain’s single dab, alert-but-calming effect.
The landrace sativa strain’s THC, cannabinoids, and terpenes provide the mental and emotional uplift that keeps Slurm Fuel‘s sedating indica genes from taking over. This is the key to the wax’s ability to provide calm and relaxation without promoting depression, couch lock, or sleep.
Dosage Dependent: 2 Dabs = Sedation
Taking a second Raw Garden Slurm Fuel dab within 10 to 20 minutes of the first produces a much heftier and more sedating high that causes couch lock, sedation, and sleep.
The second dab is felt more intensely than the first as it pinches the tip of the nose, causing it to run with terp-activated mucus. It also pummels the eyes, which buckle in and out of focus for a few seconds before settling down.
Slurm Fuel For Insomniacs? Sort Of.
Slurm Fuel may help fight insomnia if dabbed liberally or in conjunction with another indica-dominant concentrate or edible, blunt, or flower. The synergistic effect of combining indica heavy strains provides a soporific, knock-out punch.
Slurm Fuel’s Most Prominent Terpenes
Raw Garden Slurm Fuel is both pungent and sweet.
Slurm Fuel‘s CannaSafe test results show the following 5 most prominent terpenes found in the live sauce:
Beta-Caryophyllene gives Slurm Fuel woody, spicy, and peppery aromas and flavors, as do beta-Myrcyne and alpha-Humulene, which add clove and hops, making Slurm Fuel, in part, an intensely savory, sensory experience.
The sweet-tinged terpenes delta-Limonene and Linalool add citrus and floral smells and tastes to Slurm Fuel‘s musky earthiness, creating a sophisticated and highly palatable, sweet and sour profile.
One draw tasted of apple, wood, and earth as if inhaling an apple tree whole. Another draw was like a flower-flavored clove cigarette, spicy, herbaceous, and nectary.
Raw Garden Slurm Fuel live sauce is a savory and saccharine olfactory treat. Consumers benefit both from the sauce’s terpene profile and from its moderately strong, dosage-dependent potency.
The strain is adaptable for relaxation or sedation by either moderate- or high-tolerance consumers and should appeal to Raw Garden aficionados as well as other sauce dabbers.
Sun Valley Caregivers Dispensary: A Mini Review
I bought my gram of Raw Garden Slurm Fuel live sauce this past Wednesday at Sun Valley Caregivers in the northeast San Fernando Valley. It was my third trip to the well-organized, clean, bright, fully stocked, competitively priced, easily accessed store.
The budtender who assisted me on my first visits to the store was excellent, even if not much of a talker. She answered my questions directly and accurately and was intimately familiar with the shop’s inventory.
This week I met a new (to me), budtender named Chris, who is as conversational as he is knowledgeable about cannabis. Chris also provides superb customer service.
Having done my research, I already knew upon arrival what I wanted to purchase at Sun Valley Caregivers. I didn’t need recommendations or have any specific questions for Chris, so he expediently pulled the items I asked for from the shelves and rang me up.
Chris turned the register display towards me for transparency and to enable me to doublecheck items and prices. He also verbally confirmed the day’s 10% discount (“Wax Wednesday”), instilling confidence that I can trust the experts at Sun Valley Caregivers to be honest and fair.
Conversation With Chris (Budtender Par Excellence)
Before leaving I sparked up a conversation with Chris, and as the dispensary was uncrowded he kindly spent some time chatting with me.
Chris began working in the cannabis industry since getting a medical recommendation at age 18 and knows his shop’s inventory extremely well. He makes an effort to sample everything the store sells to be able to advise customers, and he listens attentively to customers to learn from them what he can.
Dense Nugs of Besparkled Flower & A Bit About Dabbing
Chris showed me some of the incredibly sparkly, dense, heavily trichome-laden buds they sell. It was hard to catch a whiff of the aromatic flower encased in those awkward display boxes, but the compacted nugs shimmer like metamorphic greenschist in the modern midday sun. They’re absolutely stunning!
We discussed a few of the latest flower strains, while Chris displayed one of Lowell’s branded pre-rolls (they come in glass tubes with matches). The conversation quickly returned to cannabis concentrates and we talked a bit about dabbing, carb caps, and dab pearls. It was a really engaging and fun way to make my visit more than a transactional experience. I learned a few things as well Thank you, Chris!
Get Slurm Fuel at Sun Valley Caregivers
Head on over to Sun Valley Caregivers to check out their Raw Garden selection and the rest of their dynamic inventory. The parking lot is huge and the staff is friendly and efficient.
When you’re there, ask for Chris. He’ll guide you like a pro and help you find the best cannabis products to meet your medical and recreational needs.
If you get stressed out like I do and seek cannabis-infused relief, pick up a gram of Raw Garden Slurm Fuel live sauce while you’re there, and do a dab or two when you get home.
Your soul will thank you.
Raw Garden Slurm Fuel Live Sauce Long Walk Spotify Playlists
- Electric Light Orchestra – 10538 Overture
- The Chi-Lites – Have You Seen Her
- The Cramps – Can Your Pussy Do the Dog?
- Winston Wright – Big Man
- Augustus Pablo – Israel Dub
- The Birthday Party – Wild World
- Urge Overkill – Ticket To L.A.
- The Fuzztones – She’s Wicked
- The Wipers – Better Off Dead
- The Seeds – Faded Picture, A
- Buzzcocks – Breakdown
- Bob Marley & The Wailers – Crazy Baldhead – Alternate Mix
- Thee Headcoatees – We Are Thee Headcoatees
- Nick Drake – My Baby’s So Sweet
- The Paul Butterfield Blues Band – Double Trouble
- Sound Dimension – Rockfort Rock Alt
- Prince Far I – Heavy Manners / Heavyweight Version
- The Rolling Stones – Down The Road Apiece
- The Who – Sunrise – Version 1 Demo
- The Temptations – Slave
- Wire – Outdoor Miner
- The Lovin’ Spoonful – Jug Band Music
- John & Beverley Martyn – Can’t Get the One I Want
- The In Crowd – Back a Yard – Edit
- New York Dolls – Stranded In The Jungle
- The Beatles – I Want To Tell You
- Flamin’ Groovies – Rumble
- Buffalo Springfield – Flying on the Ground Is Wrong
- The Gaylettes – Groovin’
- The Runaways – Midnight Music
- Johnny Thunders – You Can’t Put Your Arms Around a Memory
- U-Roy – Penny for Your Dub
- The Gladiators – My Thoughts
- Downliners Sect – Highway 61 Revisited
- Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band – Sun Zoom Spark
- Brownie McGee, Sticks McGee – Movin’ to Kansas City
- Minutemen – Party with Me Punker
- Chrome – TV As Eyes
- Augustus Pablo – Prophecy A Fulfill