- Genetics: Kosher Kush x Chem Dawg
- Antecedent Genetics: Unknown
- Type: Sativa-dominant hybrid
- Appearance: Encrusted yellow-topped sugar wax with opaque, pebbly gaps
- Texture: Crust-topped cornmeal batter dappled with glass-noodle bits
- Dab Temperature(s): 525
- Most Prominent Terpenes: Beta-Caryophyllene, beta-Myrcene, delta-Limonene
- Terpene Note: These 3 terpenes comprise almost 80% of the total terp content in Kosher Chem live resin sauce
- Aromas: Subtle citrus and fruit sweetness with a hint of herbed earthiness
- Flavors: Citrine, fruity sweetness bursting out of a musky, wooden, dirt-pile next to a freeway onramp
- Effects: Uplift, alertness, calm, pain relief, sense of well-being
- Problems Treated: Low-energy, lack of motivation, inattentiveness, lack of focus, and general achiness
- Negatives: None
- Testing: 72.71% Total THC, .14% CBD, 7.19% Terpenes
- Potency: Very Strong
- Overall Rating (1 – 5) (5 is highest): 5
- Try Again: Yes
- Where Purchased: Sun Valley Caregivers
Raw Garden Kosher Chem is a Sativa-dominant live resin sauce ideal for daytime uplift, energy, alertness, and relaxation. It is only mildly sweet and aromatic to the nose but satiates the palate with a robustly earthy, woody, and musky, exhaust-enfolded body, barely containing the nature-kissed citrus and fruit sweetness bursting out from within.
Raw Garden Kosher Chem live resin sauce is one of the rarer crosses produced by the brand’s genetics’ team in that it is a true second
Kosher Kush is theorized to descend from obscured OG Kush antecedents, but this remains only a theory. The 2-time Cannabis Cup-winning strain is a 100% pure Indica, with no residual Sativa genes.
Chem Dawg is a master strain of similarly unknown, even unknowable, origins. It isn’t a pure strain, however, but rather an immaculately conceived, Sativa-dominant hybrid germinated from the “Chem“, aka “Dog bud“, a mystical strain first encountered at a Grateful Dead show.
It’s easy to see why Chem Dawg matches up so perfectly with Kosher Kush‘s singular, award-winning, Indica purity. Prior to its Raw Garden-arranged Kosher Kush marriage, Chem Dawg co-parented the well-known and much-beloved standout Sour Diesel and OG Kush strains.
Raw Garden Kosher Chem Terpenes
CannaSafe Test Results
Kosher Chem‘s CannaSafe test results show the following 3 most prominent terpenes found in the sauce:
Subtle Olfactory Respiration
Raw Garden Kosher Chem isn’t boastful and doesn’t advertise its incredible potency through either perfumed or pungent aromas. Instead, it gently respires airy breaths of herbally tinged Limonene citrus and fruity sweetness so subtly that only the truly attuned and attentive will notice and appreciate its aromatic aspirations.
Raw Garden Kosher Chem live resin sauce reserves its full sensory superlatives to instead invest them in a rich, savory, robust, dynamically constructed flavor combination. Each vaporized draw is like a Limonene-fruity, citrus-enfolding blast of Caryophyllene exhaust churned straight out of an idling tailpipe.
Caryophyllene comprises about 40% of Kosher Chem‘s total terpenes and its peppered, woody, spicy, exhaust predominates over the sauce’s other flavors and aromas.
Myrcene’s earthy, musky sapidity infuses Caryophyllene’s pungent spiciness with the taste of herbaceous dirt, creating a gustatory harshness only a true cannabis gourmand will appreciate.
The Strain That Goes Squirt
Much like Freshen-up gum from the days of my youth, each draw of Raw Garden Kosher Chem tastes of hidden pockets of Limonene citrine and fruity sweetness bursting out from within Caryophyllene’s and Myrcene’s enveloping, pungent harshness.
Moderately heated dabs of Kosher Chem are like diesel-choked, oaken freight cars filled with bulldozed piles of citrus- and fruit-filled diatomaceous earth. The divergent flavors contrast with and complement one another in a seamless, synergistic, sweet and savory entree that tastes like a roadside diner combo meal with fruit and fries and a scoop of mango sorbet all on a single plate, all at once.
Raw Garden Kosher Chem Effects
Dabs of any wax strain are generally felt first in the nose and between the eyes, but Kosher Chem hits the face, head, and shoulders in singular, intense stupefaction. Stinging eyes and terp-activated mucus linger as part of a more comprehensive, stimulating yet comforting Kosher Chem embrace that resolves quickly into an enjoyable, energetic calm.
Kosher Chem‘s Calm Go, Go, Go
Raw Garden Kosher Chem is the best wax strain I’ve dabbed for daytime uplift, focus, and energy. I’ve written about Durban Poison as well as Raw Garden strains Kosher Tangie, Tequila Sunrise, Citrus Slap, and other Sativa and Sativa-dominant strains, but Kosher Chem outdoes them all (with the possible exception of Kosher Tangie) by providing the best balance of stimulation, calm, and flavor.
I’ve dabbed Kosher Chem before my daily walks, before writing, drumming and before just about any activity requiring energy and focus. It provides an ideal mix of motivation, alertness, positivity, and calm, drawing down anxious tendencies while fuelling thought and action, enabling creative and productive engagement in whatever’s happening at the moment.
Raw Garden Kashrut Vari
Raw Garden produces a handful of different wax strains featuring Kosher Kush and its derivatives in their genetic makeup. Kosher Tangie, another of my favorites, is Raw Garden’s masterful marriage of Kosher Chem and Sour Tangie. Kosher Cookies, which didn’t impress quite as much, combines Cookie Pie #4 with Leeroy OG and Kosher Chem.
Here’s a list of Raw Garden’s variety of Kosher Kush derived strains/products:
- Kosher Chem – Kosher Kush x Chem Dawg
- Kosher Tangie – Kosher Chem x Sour Tangie
- Blue Kosher – Kosher Chem x Blue Kush
- Kosher Cookies – Cookie Pie #4 x Leeroy OG x Kosher Chem
- Kosher Berry – Strawberry Haze x Kosher OG x Chem Ape
- Extreme Kosher – Kosher Chem x (Kosher Chem x Extreme OG)
- Kosher Cream #41 – Chem Haze X GG#4 X Kosher OG
- Kosher OG – (?)
Raw Garden also sells a Kosher Chem refined live resin vape cartridge with subtle differences in terpene configuration than its unrefined live resin sauce. I recently purchased a Kosher Chem cart and plan to compare it with its
Kosher Is Key
Raw Garden Kosher Chem live resin sauce is both a standout, powerhouse, Sativa-dominant strain in its own right and a key component in some of Raw Garden’s other Kosher Kush sourced strains. Kosher Kush is fundamental to these dynamic hybrids because it diminishes anxiety and stress without defanging any Sativa derived, stimulative effects.
The Nespresso Model
If we’re lucky, one day, brands like Raw Garden will replicate the Nespresso business model, allowing consumers to shop online for a variety of creative strains and products, special, limited edition strains, cartridges in various sizes, next day delivery, etc. There could even be a strain-of-the-month club, providing subscribers with new, randomly selected, strains and varieties each month.
Raw Garden Guidance
The abundance of Raw Garden wax varieties makes it both challenging and rewarding for consumers to navigate and weigh purchase options. The key to successful Raw Garden shopping is the aide of a knowledgeable and perceptive budtender. My pal, Chris, at Sun Valley Caregivers, thoughtfully suggested Kosher Chem after I’d asked about a different Raw Garden Sativa strain. His recommendation made all the difference.
Raw Garden Kosher Chem Live Resin Sauce Spotify Long Walk Playlists
- Roy Harper – Goldfish
- 2. Zal Yanovsky – As Long As You’re Here
- Generation X – Your Generation
- Scott Walker – 30 Century Man
- The Velvet Underground – Foggy Notion
- Sly & The Family Stone – You Can Make It If You Try
- Burning Spear – Natural (Version)
- Flamin’ Groovies – Headin’ for the Texas Border
- The Sonics – Dirty Robber
- The Flying Burrito Brothers – Tried So Hard
- The Replacements – I’m In Trouble
- Dave Edmunds (Love Sculpture) – Sabre Dance
- The Hollies – Away Away Away
- The Zombies – Walking In The Sun
- T. Rex – Metal Guru
- Husker Du – Dead Set on Destruction
- The Stooges – I’m Sick of You
- The Zipps – Kicks and Chicks – Alternate Version
- Johnny Burnette & The Rock ‘N’ Roll Trio – The Train Kept
- Renee Martel – Johnny Angel
- Flamin’ Groovies – Road House
- Castaways – Liar, Liar
- Spirit – I Got A Line On You
- The Rolling Stones – Think
- The Temptations – I Can’t Get Next To You
- Curtis Mayfield – Superfly
- The Dukes Of Stratosphear – Bike Ride To The Moon
- The Easybeats – Good Times
- T. Rex – Ride a White Swan
- The Velvet Underground – Some Kinda Love – Live (1969/Dallas)
- The Electric Prunes – Sold to the Highest Bidder
- Stu Phillips – Girl from the City
- Blue Oyster Cult – This Ain’t The Summer of Love
- Wire – Mannequin
- DMZ – First Time
- The Iguanas – Mona
- Cheap Trick – Downed
- Let’s Active – Every Word Means No
- The Troggs – I Can’t Control Myself
- The Plimsouls – Zero Hour (
- Small Faces – WhatCha Gonna Do About It